[Seisunix] Zero Offset VSP Processing

Erdi Apatay eapatay at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 5 21:21:31 CEST 2020

Hello Everyone

I said before that I was trying to do Zero Offset VSP Processing. To do
that, I tried to use free software is called MVSP and Crewes toolbox. My
problem is that I can start picking first break arrivals from 4th trace,
and I can not see and pick the first three traces when I look at the data
during the picking.

The first software itself assigns negative values for the first three
traces, which results in negative velocities. On the Crewes, I am trying to
assign values like 0.001 0.002 0.003 before the 4th trace because the 4th
trace's time is 0.006, which probably gives rise to wrong velocities.

In short, Can I do anything about this issue on Seismic Unix? Is there any
chance to fix it?

I added one of my files and the screenshot zoomed where the problem is. I
modeled and created this data on different code (fdelmodc). **The data is
passive data, and I utilized the noises, recording 120s. So, when you look
at my data, you need to zoom in to see closely.

Thank you
Best regards
Erdi