[Seisunix] Zero Offset VSP Processing

paulmichaels paulmichaels at boisestate.edu
Sun Aug 9 17:33:51 CEST 2020

Erdi,

It looks like you have a zero phase wavelet in your signals.  The place
to pick first arrivals is the black maximum.  Your arrow is on a side
lobe.  Zero phase wavelets can be the result of correlation, like with a
Vibroseis source.  Also, they can be a wavelet of choice in some
programs that compute synthetic data. If your data are synthetic, look
into using a minimum phase wavelet, if it is available.

Paul

Dr. Paul Michaels, PE
Professor Emeritus, Engineering Geophysics
http://173.255.241.228
https://www.boisestate.edu/earth/people/paul-michaels/