[Seisunix] Incremental Seismic Un*x Release 44R21

Juan Lorenzo gllore60 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 23:38:17 CEST 2021


Dear John,
Thank you so much!
Best wishes,
Juan Lorenzo

On 3/30/2021 1:16 PM, John Stockwell wrote:
> Dear Seismic Unix user,
>
> I have put some fixes in for the Fortran codes and for the SFIO installations so that you should be able to install everything. Mac OS X  Big Sur was a painful upgrade.  As you might guess, I am preparing for Release 45.
>
> If you have codes that can be shared under the Berkeley style license (no GPL), that is in the style of SU, but honors the existing header structure, has a demo that generates its own data, and that you would like to have included in SU, please email me at: john.19071969 at gmail.com <mailto:john.19071969 at gmail.com> so we can discuss how best to include the code.
>
> Thank you for using Seismic Un*x.
>
>
> John Stockwell   | john.19071969 at gmail.com
> https://wiki.Seismic-Unix.org
> (The New Home of Seismic Un*x)
>
>
> ——— Release notes for 44R21 ----
>
> Summer 2018 - Thanks to Dominque Rousset of the University of Pau,
> Seismic Unix distributions and other information may be found at
>
> https://wiki.seismic-unix.org
> Installation tip. If you get error messages regarding the XDR materials
> you may need to install libtirpc from your Linux distribution.
>
> John Stockwell retired from the Colorado School of Mines effective
> 1 Jan 2018. He continues to work with Seismic Unix.
> Please email: john.19071969 at gmail.com
> if you have questions, or if you want to supply  bug fixes or new SU code.
>
>
> What is new in the SU package:
>
>                  character*120 fnames(2) from fnames(3)
>                  Thanks to Fernando Roxo da Motta
> Fortran/Raytrace3d/ktime_3d_rayq.f - ERROR of argument mismatch in two
>                  locations.
>                  fix: added -fallow-argument-mismatch to the
>                  FFLAGS in Makefile.config_Big_Sur  this might need to
>                  be propagated to all of the Makefile.config_* and this
>                  likely takes care of the vzestf.f error as well.
>
> Sfio/
>          Replaced these files with versions from the 2002 release of sfio.
>          ./src/lib/sfio/Stdio_b/sprintf.c
>          ./src/lib/sfio/Stdio_b/vsprintf.c
>          ./src/lib/sfio/Stdio_s/stdsprintf.c
>          The make sfio should work now.
>
> demos/Ordinary_differential_equations  - has been added to go with the new
>          ordinary_differential equation items in par/main
>
>
> John Stockwell   | john.19071969 at gmail.com
> https://wiki.Seismic-Unix.org
> (The New Home of Seismic Un*x)
> 58 Johns-iMac.local> more news44RXX
> Summer 2018 - Thanks to Dominque Rousset of the University of Pau,
> Seismic Unix distributions and other information may be found at
>
> https://wiki.seismic-unix.org
> Installation tip. If you get error messages regarding the XDR materials
> you may need to install libtirpc from your Linux distribution.
>
> John Stockwell retired from the Colorado School of Mines effective
> 1 Jan 2018. He continues to work with Seismic Unix.
> Please email: john.19071969 at gmail.com
> if you have questions, or if you want to supply  bug fixes or new SU code.
>
>
> What is new in the SU package:
>
> Restructuring:
> par/main
>
> is now:
>
> par/main/apertures
> par/main/cellular_automata
> par/main/data_conversion
> par/main/material_parameters
> par/main/ordinary_differential_equations
> par/main/parameter_file_utilities
> par/main/plotting_utilities
> par/main/ray_theory
> par/main/refraction
> par/main/resampling
> par/main/smoothing
> par/main/statistics
> par/main/velocity_model_building
> par/main/velocity_perturbation
> par/main/wavelet_transform
>
>
> New:
> ramac2su - converts RAMAC GPR files to su format with a nominal geometry
>                  Thanks to: Hervé Perrou,d  12/2000and Dominique Rousset,  2019
>                  of the Universith of Pau
> configs/Makefile.config_Linux_Ubuntu
>          Makefile.config_Mac_OSX_Mojave
>          Makefile.config_Linux_Fedora_32
>          Makefile.config_Linux_ARCH
>          Makefile.config_MacOSX_Catalina
>          Makefile.config_Mac_OSX_Big_SUR
> par/main/ordinary_differential_equations
>           logisticfit.c - extract growth and carrying capacity for logistic
>                           model
>           seirepidemic.c - SEIR epidemic model
>           sirepidemic.c - SIR epidemic model
>           sirdepidemic.c - SIRD epidemic model
>           voltlotka.c - classic Lotka Volterra predator-prey model
> demos/Ordinary_differential_equations
>           Epidemiology
>           Logistic_Equation
>           Predator_Prey
>
> Fixed:
> su/main/amplitudes/sugain.c - fixed a but in the AGC function seen on GPR data but not apparent on seismic data
>                  Thanks to Dominique Rousset of the University of Pau
>
> su/lib/getSPSfile.c - replaced // comments with  /* comments */ owing to
>                          a problem on CENTOS version 7.
> Fortran/Vzest/vzestf.f - changed (about line 1119) to
>                  character*120 fnames(2) from fnames(3)
>                  Thanks to Fernando Roxo da Motta
> Fortran/Raytrace3d/ktime_3d_rayq.f - ERROR of argument mismatch in two
>                  locations.
>                  fix: added -fallow-argument-mismatch to the
>                  FFLAGS in Makefile.config_Big_Sur  this might need to
>                  be propagated to all of the Makefile.config_* and this
>                  likely takes care of the vzestf.f error as well.
>
> Sfio/
>          Replaced these files with versions from the 2002 release of sfio.
>          ./src/lib/sfio/Stdio_b/sprintf.c
>          ./src/lib/sfio/Stdio_b/vsprintf.c
>          ./src/lib/sfio/Stdio_s/stdsprintf.c
>          The make sfio should work now.
>
> demos/Ordinary_differential_equations  - has been added to go with the new
>          ordinary_differential equation items in par/main
>
>
> John Stockwell   | john.19071969 at gmail.com
> https://wiki.Seismic-Unix.org
> (The New Home of Seismic Unix)
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Seisunix mailing list
> Seisunix at mailman.seismic-unix.org
> https://mailman.seismic-unix.org/listinfo/seisunix

-- 
    --LSU--
    Juan M. Lorenzo
    Professor
    Ernest & Alice Neal Professorship in Geology & Geophysics
    Adjunct Faculty in Dept. Petroleum Engineering
    Howe-Russell-Kniffen Building Room 215
    Corner South Campus/Tower Drives
    Louisiana State University
    Baton Rouge, LA 70803-4101
    Tel.:                     (225) 578-4249
    Fax:                      (225) 578-2302
    Seismic Shop:             (225) 578-3424
    e-mail: gllore at lsu.edu
    URL: http://www.geol.lsu.edu/jlorenzo
    GitHub: gllore/L_SU

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://mailman.seismic-unix.org//archives/seisunix/attachments/20210330/222959e5/attachment.htm>


More information about the Seisunix mailing list